Friday, February 4, 2011

Dushanbe

So, I'm here.

This post will be kept fairly short - it's purpose is to ensure friends and family (mostly family) of my well-being. I actually have quite a lot to say about life in Dushanbe, but I want a chance to take and post some pictures before I launch into a long blog post.

Dushanbe is very ... post-U.S.S.R. Much of the infrastructure here was built by the Russians, and most if not all signs are entirely in Cyrillic. It's currently snowing, which makes the ridiculously (awesome) Mongol-boots I purchased back in the States very useful.

I'm going to dedicate a post (with pictures) entirely to my host family, but for now just know that they're fantastic, and don't speak any English. We have a toilet (score!) and occasional hot water.

Pictures are in the works - be sure to check back in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment